Thursday, November 26, 2009

Zafira - salt eating experience....

My Z have undergone a major repair lately…


It all started around the 60000km service…. 60k km is one of the major hallmark of service for the Z -> the change of the timing belt. Unlike the Jap car, the timing belt replacement came in a set : the change cost around RM 1600… And it was the start of the catastrophe – the change required 1 full working day and I had to left my car in the workshop. During the service,  I was informed that 2 more replacement –


1.   brake lining shoe – fair enough after 60k km …


2.   Clutch pieces of the easytronic gearbox had worn off (the distant was 8.85 instead of the minimum 9 )…


The brake lining cost about RM500 and the clutch piece was about RM2600….


Well..as the Cantonese said – “when you wanted to eat salt, make sure you can tolerate thirsty..” so be it..I had to concurred with the changes…


The clutch replacement was a major one as the engine need to be lifted…it was a 3 days work : so my Z lay in the workshop for another 3 days…


During the replacement, they found that 2 balance beam had loosen and replacement was needed as well – the goes another RM360…


Well, the total cost was around RM6000….


But I got my Z like a new car – no more lililala sound here and there – and the sprint was darn smooth…better than ever driving experience….2 more years and hopefully the Zafira C is out by then and Opel is still available in Taiwan...


No comments:

Post a Comment