Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New year,,,


 The new year
session was longer then ever – a total of 9 days counting from the eve. No
special assignment for the ED shift – most of us did what we should – no extra
hours nor major change… I got my weekend off as usual… Most of the staff were
prepared for a major hit of patient waves but I was not … what can you get
during a 24 hrs shift ? 100 – 120 pts ? I am not worried…


What worried me
most was the traffic – I had waited for 900 seconds in front of a traffic light…that
was the worse.


This year the
traffic police did a good job, in fact the traffic was smoother than ever, at
every traffic light an officer was placed. The controls were well coordinated…..


The shift were so
so , saw around 100 + pts per shift, mostly AGE and some trauma.  No burn from fire cracker – the
economic crisis had taught the public a good lesson…


I survived the
shift (2 x 24 hrs QOD) … the ICU was so crowded (lots of complaint from the
nurses of coz…)


As for my bonus - I got what I have expected...an encouragement for me to keep going... well, next months, i got a cut in night shift and I would have to face my 4th challange for the ACLS instructor pretest....





No comments:

Post a Comment