Thursday, July 1, 2010

tough ride..

CM had left us and we had our roster out… so many LUBANG(hole, in malay) left over, Lem had did the roster and filled out whatever we can. The rest is up to boss and he managed to fill up the vacant. It is a tough ride, for everyone. A 24 hrs is truly not acceptable and healthy, I had to do 2 weekend shift but nothing to complain as I had a long vacation ( is 8 days long ?), I had left over 2 shift for them.


The worst is the coming august when Lem and Ong had to go off. The were 4 days of overlapping and it would be tough challenge.. no obligation for me to cover them up but I did tell Lem that I am gonna do 1 weekend only next months – enough for the “lending a hand” story. It had been more than 1 year doing a favor and the management had taken the favor as granted and placing me routinely on 2 weekend call. Well, there were ED physician who come to us for application with a rocket high pay request. (almost 2x what we are getting…) No way the management going to accept the terms, but our working environment is truly more demanding than others – Apart form ED, we had to cover the ward/ICU, only 1 doctor at a time and the nearest hospital(my ex-) night shift come with a acquiescence 3 hrs sleep and it is 20 km nearer to KHH… I I am not sure , very tired about the present situation – hope for a change in the near future…


No comments:

Post a Comment