Monday, May 9, 2011

hang of it....


It was a busy evening, the ICU nurse had been calling 175 and 196 like don’t know what….well, I had just seen 2 biker who had wounded after they hit a dog. I saw a 2 ladies walked in to the ED with the nurse holding a blanket. I was right on my first guess - a baby was wrapped in the blanket.
The younger lady was the mother and the lady in her 40s was the granny. She had given birth to the child in the house – no one had known about her pregnancy until the crying of the baby shattered them. I did a quite survey over the body and found that she was fine with a little bit hypothermia.
We had no facilities to keep the baby warm, I ordered the nurse to shut off the centralized air-con and asked the nurse to use a heat lamp on the baby.
I then turned to the mother, she was comfortable but looked a little bit pale. I felt her abdomen and found that the uterus was poorly contracted. I started the massage and as the nurse to prepare the patient for me to perform a vaginal examination.
I was lucky – the massage did the job => the uterine started to harden…the vaginal tear was shallow….I did a repaired and the PV bleeding was greatly reduced after I removed abundant of blood clot….
The repair was smooth and I had referred the mother and child to a hospital c OnG and Paeds service….I still had the hang of it after all this year of leaving MOH…..I would have ended up doing nothing if I had had not do my time with the MOH….


No comments:

Post a Comment