Thursday, July 21, 2011

Great Weekend - Coming soon....


 


Life had back to normal after I came back from China. I had been to Mainland China the last week. I went to Su Zhou to visit my brother and parents. It was hell of an experience. I had seen some thing that beyond my imagination. Well, the trip was tiresome as we had to walk and walk and walk….


Well, I had learnt that Lem was leaving prior to the trip. Boss had summoned me showing me the new roster of August. A physician had decided to grab some hard cash. He had requested for the 30 hrs “graveyard” weekend shift -> all of it. Boss had moved me to the Sunday night call -> 14 hrs in exchange for 30 hrs. Well, a great leap in my life quality with a small decrement of my salary. I nodded instantly without any thought.


After showing me the roster, boss had to me that Lem will be leaving in September. A shocking news for me. Lem did not tell me -> I presumed he wanted to keep it a secret. I had later comfirmed the news with him and he had made his ground. He had not only tired of the job but had felt pressurized working in the emergency setting. Burn out + phobia -> time for him to bailed out.


Shift would be much different later on….Would be getting more working hours but also more day shift. But what the heck, August would be a great month for me -> No weekend call…..!


No comments:

Post a Comment