Thursday, October 27, 2011

life of an explorer....


T is our chief of ICU(trained as a cardiologist but never took the board…), whenever we met during his going off and my coming to work, he would grin and greet me,” going to the beach again ?”. I usually wear a Bermuda shorts, T-shirt and a sandal to work( change to the working suit later of coz…).


Since my childhood, I had been fascinated by fairy tales and legend, my mother was a good story teller and later when I could read, I had a good supply of comic from my cousin. I still can feel the thrill of entering the library of the primary school. Borrow books and read through them…..it expanded my view, expanded the fantasy dream of a young boy. Reading was not enough and the fun was involving in it. During my secondary school, my father bought us a computer, an XT, 4.77mHz c 2 floppy drive and a VGA monitor( a luxury then…, most of the XT come with a monochrome).


 


We were poor then yet my parents fulfilled our dream – I had my first adventure game – Ultima III.










game by the famous Lord British....


 



My English was above average then most of my classmate but yet, it took me weeks to understand “thou art…”. My favorite character is Paladin which had a balance of magician and fighter. Joining the St. John and later building my path to the post of Warrant officer had enabled me to master the skill of living in the wild.


I often wander if there would be a day when I could venture into the unknown dimension and lead a life of an adventurer…


Life was cruel and I had to coup with the reality; I got lucky as my effort pay off….


I had the eagerness for the wilderness life; tried very best to get myself closer to it. The thought had influenced my life -> everything I purchased is explorer oriented – another reason of buying an 4wd SUV. I added Wenger Ranger, G-shock Mudman, Teva Itunda into my arsenal lately.















enlarge version of the victrorinox, more suitable for wild life use....twin sensor c a compass....fast dried and spider rider suitable for wet and muddy terrain....

All came in handy while working in the farm and just a preparation for my next stop – Taman Negara……



 


No comments:

Post a Comment