Thursday, December 15, 2011

a path I had taken...



Both Xian and Yun had gone through their examination 1+ weeks ago… A new milestone for both of them….


Yun was doing averagely in the past, most of the mistake was due to carelessness instead of not-knowing… I did not push any pressure on her as a happy life is what I hope for…. Xian was improving though he was still bottom of his class.


Xian was attracted by the Xbox Kinect during one of our visit to Taipei. He had asked me if I could buy one for him. I was too tired during the request and answer session and I told him if he could hit the target of average of 90, I would buy it… well, He got an average of 81 in his last examination. He was darn dedicated and I felt regret of giving such demand… Then Yun came and asked if she could get a similar deal as her brother -> Licca Baskin and Robin icecream stand set…I told her yes and set the target at 470(she got 460 in her last attempt).













Yuns.....Xian choice...

Both of them was dedicated but it does not mean they studied hard in the past like I did… Playing and watching “Black Jack” TV series (by Dr Tezuka Osamu…) were still on the list of activities….


Well, Yun was so easy few days prior to her examination. She hovering around and I told her that her weak spot was Chinese language and asked her to write the vocab again and she said she was fine with that….Xian did badly on his nature and sociology on his last test and I focus on that.


I told them 2 days prior to the exam that I would not be rewarding them for their good result as I felt it is not right to do so….I had seen their effort and I decided to buy it for them but not immediately after the exam as we need a cool down period….


Xian had a strike back for his nature and sociology but surprisingly he was knocked over by the practical question of math…he got a 60+ and stumbling his effort despite a great improvement for his other subject…Yun was 1 mark away from the preset target and she was a few marks away from the award; most of her loss was due to mis-writing…


The did well… and I feel their had gotten the hang of study…


Yun got hers last week during my trip to the instructor of Disaster Medicine Course last week….



Xian would be expecting his prior to Chinese new year if I got my bonus….(I told him just if, but still, he would get it anyway…)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment