Monday, June 2, 2014

dejavu...

Xian fever had subsided for just 1 days and it had recurred yesterday morning. His cough had worsen since then. He had lots of sputum and I had started to give him chest percussion but yet the effect was limited. I had been there before, I told myself; few years ago, Yun had suffered from similar event. She had noted with 5 days of URI and mild fever but later the fever worsen and pneumonia was noted, she ended with in ward for 5 days.
I was more cautious this time and at 4am today morning, I had brought Xian to the ED.
The X-ray had shown:



Well, left lower lobar pneumonia- most probably a secondary bacteria infection. I had given him an adult dose of Augmentin drip and prescribed zithromax for him for out patient use, lets hope my strategy works…….

No comments:

Post a Comment