Friday, September 22, 2017

mal-lanka trip part 2

As I was unable to proceed with the long trip to east cost of Sri Lanka; I would need to split up from the group and headed back home after 5 days. The children with be accompanied me on the return trip as they would have to return for the school opening.
After the Colombo tour, Ving’s cough had worsen. Yun had noted with diarrhea complicated with low grade fever. Ving’s worsening cough had raised the issue if she was able to proceed to the east coast. She was worried about the expenses but I told her not to worry as I had bought the frequent flyer option and could change the flight as I wish. The final straw came on D-2 days of return when Ving’s artificial crown of her right lower molar came off. I told her that this was the sign for her to back off. I changed the flight and apologized to the east coast group that Ving was unable to join the trip.
On the day of departure, Yun had developed high grade fever and I had barely enough antipyretic to get the temperature down.
We were fortunately to get onto the plane and have a safe passage transiting in KLIA2.
After arriving back to our home, everyone had developed fever. I started tamiflu for all of the patients(including me) early and the fever had subsided on D2…..

It was a daring trip initially; starting from the ticket booking. I had done 5 bookings with different date and destination. The cross checking of passenger details had worn me off. The anxiety of making sure everything is in order is truly an agony for me. Ving’ cough however did not get better. She had told me that she had realized that no one in the family is comparable to my level of tolerance. She had given up the feeling of travelling with me to the more secluded part of the world….. Some trip, I would need to go alone in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment