Monday, December 18, 2017

the mission ..... pre flight

After 1+ years of burying my head like an ostrich, I finally decided to hit the road again for mission….
There had been invitation from time to time but I had denied them with lousy excuses. The decision was actually a conflicting one as Ving did not fully support my involvement.
After the Lanka, Ving had given me a go and an offer came in not long after that.
The offer came from the NGO which I had worked with few years ago in Satun.
It would be difficult for me to join the group on departure as they always use CKS as their departure airport. The departure time is always in early in the morning and arrival is late in the night. It would take me two more travelling day to complete the mission.

Luckily on this trip, they need to get a transit in HKG. I told the pastor I would get the flight ticket myself and I would meet them in HKG. The ticket was far more cheaper compare to the quotation from the travel agent. The visa part was a difficult part as I am not comfortable handing my passport to the travel agent and “mail” it up north for application. I did it over the net. The process was a tedious one, with all the detail to complete. I manage to do a full upload after a few attempts. The approval came few days later and I was all set to go….well, almost all set….

No comments:

Post a Comment