Friday, September 2, 2022

renewl run 4....

 

4 months had passed since the renewal run. An agony though, but I would not want to share the fear with any of the family members. The call from the visa division came in April informing the arrival of our new passport.

As XX and Yun had their college project to run, I could only squeezed a window around early June.

It was a similar routine as the previous run. Early stopped at HSR station and hit the visa office by 11 and head back to HSR station by noon for lunch; catch the express ride by 12:30 and reach K city by 3 something.

Everything was smooth until the passports were handed to us for final checking and acceptance. While Yun was glancing through her detail, she discovered that her height was not properly stated on the passport.

The staff had retrieved our application forms and found that they had mistaken the 5 as 3 on the form; Yun was 20cm shorter than her actual height.

The staff had tried to persuade us to accept the passport and signed a papers claiming that we acknowledge the mistake and agree to accept it…. three letter words ending with F almost burst through my mouth. But, at that point, I knew that no one should be offended to facilitate the process. They told me that we could go to the IMI office for correction when travel back to the homeland.

I politely tell them that I cannot accept it and requested for a correction by IMI office back in Malaysia. I kept the “our old passport photocopy clearly stated Yun’s height and how could an adolescent loss 20cm in 5 years! you all should have double check it !” in my throat.

I told the staff that I had my passport lost and encountered an unpleasant experience dealing with the IMI staff in the past; once I signed the acceptance paper, we would be on our own and may be very helpless during the process back in homeland.

The counter staff had then called up their in charge and told us that they would returned the passport and told us that no new passport would be issued mostly and correction would be done on the pemerhatian page. I told them that I am not particular of getting a new one but at least every detail should be correct or appropriately cited. They tried to talk me off by telling me that it might take six months to get it back and I told them that we would not be travelling in the near future and as PR holder we are not worried about our resident certificate renewal.

The counter staffs had finally accepted my decision and agreed to return the passport for correction. As MAS was flying inconsistently since the beginning of the year. The mailing process would be markedly delayed due lack of flight.

We left the office with only three passports at the end; however it was an great experience to share with Yun and XX. I told them about the right attitude when dealing with such situation.

We had a great lunch at one of the classic Japanese Italino restaurant at the T city station. The curry rice was superb as we had previously tasted in Kansai. The return trip was uneventful…..

It would be another run in the future and the only thing I could do is pray to the great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment