Sunday, June 25, 2023

urn run .....prelude

 

The second journey was planned soon after my return to the working desk. It was about 5 years ago when I had done a short escape back to the Bolehland and took my parents on a Qingming tour from the south.

My grandfather ashes were placed in the Thousand Buddha temple near the Sungai Besi airport. When my dad was still able to drive; my parents would take a drive up north during mid of the year; they would visit my aunt and complete the Qingming ritual every year. The ritual was suspended due to Covid19; I had a few discussion with my bro regarding the issue of relocating my grandfather's urn to Kulai so that it could be easy for us to complete the ritual every year.

It would be a difficult task when my brother told that he had suggested it a few years back but my parents had “strongly” objected such idea.

I told my brother that I would tried again on this CNY visit and I was determined to get it done with or with their consent…

I brought up the idea again during one of the conversation and my parent had objected it as usual.

I however told them that I am doing it for the sake of our third generation. So it would be easier for them to complete the ritual in the future. The conversation did not end in a good atmosphere from my point of view. But for me, It was good to go from that point as I had done the job of informing….

All the fragments of the task were difficult; extracting the urn, sourcing the relocation site, finding a window of at least 4 days….

It looks like a multiple visit tasks but I hope to do it in one attempt….

No comments:

Post a Comment