Saturday, May 4, 2024

The 1st fight of 2024 - the start

 

The return of Dragoncat to the Great one’s embrace had alter our plan during January.

I had decided to join Ving and Xian for the trip returning to Bolehland during mid of January. My joining would lift the burden of travelling for them.

We had to settled with the flight departing up north as the double A flight departing from K city was fully booked.

I had booked an afternoon flight so that we could travel up north with the HSR early in the morning.

The journey preceded with a night shift in the ward; K had agreed to cover for me in the ward for 2hours so that I could leave by 6am.

I reached home and picked up Ving and Xian by 7and headed toward HSR station. We managed to park the car at the train station which situated next to the HSR station. The parking fee is 3 times cheaper than the HSR station parking. It was a simple journey as I had trailed down this route few months ago with Yun to Bangkok for an IDPA shooting event.

We reached TPE airport by 10+ and I was shocked when I saw the big screen at the departure hall. The MH367 would be delayed to 9pm. I scanned over my phone and found that an email was sent to my mailbox at 4am informing the delay and I had ignored it. While 3 of us was discussing where should we spend the 7 hours, the counter had however opened as scheduled allowing us to check in our luggage. The counter staff had also announced that they would arrange a hotel for us to rest while waiting for the departure. It was not the best news of the day though. We had checked in our baggage and headed for our lunch. I had to called up the car rental company informing my delay and rental company had however to me that they would be closing by 10pm and I could only pick up my car the next day. I instantly cancelled the booking but however I received another mail from HAWK stating that my booking for a BRV was approved and asking if I wish to proceed with the booking. I called up HAWK and told them my situation and they told me that they had tracked my flight and would wait for me with a surcharge. Definitely the best news of the day under such hazard situation. After our lunch, we had gathered back to the MH counter and were directed to a coach. We were ferried to the Hotel Orchard Park nearby the airport. A voucher of 500 for each person was provided for dinner. The hotel was 4 stars grade with great bed and facility. We take a good nap and awaking up by 5pm. The flight was however delayed again till 9:40pm when we arrived at the airport by 7pm. It was supposed to be relaxing path but the airport was packed. We were urged to hurry to the security check point and it took us 2 hours to complete the task. It was 9pm when we reached the gate just before last call of the flight was announced.

We had used the vouchers to buy cakes/gifts instead of buying any lunch/dinner.

The flight took off at 10:30pm with our empty stomach.

I swept through what I gathered from the net and found that the MH366 was delayed due to unknown reason. The original flight from Jeddah to KL had reached KL 3pm and its next flight under the flight MH366 was scheduled the next day at 9:20am. It did not take off though.

The red eye flight was uneventful and we reached KL by 5+am. The airport was emptied and the connecting train to the satellite building was still out of service(it had been more than 1 year and it would take 3 years for a replacement)

I picked up the BRV and headed to my in law’ house. The early morning drive was smooth and the feeling of driving to work from Klang to Tg Malim early in the morning had stormed me again. It sucks really driving a underpower car with poor maneuverability (yeh, I am spoiled by Fefe after all those years).

It was the first time I had met such delayed of flight; however MAS had provided an excellent service to arrange hotel for us to rest. If we had been flying with AA, we would be on our own during the delay.

HAWK rent a car was another great service provider; they were the only rental company who provide BRV. BRV is a great car even though with its poor control and noisy engine setting; it’s spacious luggage and 7 seaters capability was definitely a plus for traveler.

It was not an easy start but it was smooth thereafter…

No comments:

Post a Comment