Monday, November 12, 2007

1 day in Taipei part 2- medical ethnic/law/quality CME credits

it was a 5:00 am and I woke up...I had poor quality sleep then..

I took a hot shower and left home by 5:40am...The express way was empty and I had smooth drive and reached the car park by 6:10am. The parking was free as I booked the ticket through the net and paid with credit card. The car park is 10 min drive from the air port and a shuttle bus tooke me there. I reached there by 6:30am, checked in and brought myself a breakfast.



very expensive breakfast.....RM 8....


By 7:10am, I was sitting in the flight - taking a good nap. The flight touched down by 8:05am and it was darn cold in Taipei and luckily I bought my jacket. I took a cab and hit the Taipei World Trade Centre by 8:30am.





nearby is the 101 building...the entrance..

 

 I reported to the desk get my tag and headed for the conference room. I thought it would be very packed as lots of people like me who came for the credits...but I was right and wrong. There room was filled up before it started and lots of people standing, but not of them came for the credits - the topic was EBM for traditional medicine; lots of researcher and chinese sensai came instead..



Most of the doctors were very senior - they came for the credits, as it was Friday and most of the doctors were working it was not that crowded as I expected.

 



I took a lunch at the nearby restaurant and headed back to the center. I took a walk the medical supply exhibition and I found this counter which was hosted by Martrade...but it was empty, the officer in charge must have other bussiness going on elsewhere...

I took a lunch at the nearby restaurant and headed back to the center. I took a walk the medical supply exhibition and I found this counter which was hosted by Martrade...but it was empty, the officer in charge must have other bussiness going on elsewhere...

The afternoon topic was more related to my current practice - > terminal care for the ill. It was a good one. By 4:30pm, it was over and I rushed to the airport and missed the 5:00 pm flight by 5 mins. But the flight was filled up so nothing for me to regret. I wandered around the airport and get on the 6:15pm flight as planned. The flight took longer than it should be - the plane cruised in circle for the last 5 min before it landed. I was darn worried, look like my flight phobia was getting worse....we landed in 1 piece and I got home safely(of coz...there is why I am here writing this blog...)

It was like dreaming - my off day and I spent it on this wild goose chase for credits....but with 2 credits short from the target, I felt more secure now.....


No comments:

Post a Comment