Thursday, January 31, 2008

discharge them all and admit them again next minute...

I was informed by the nursing station that I need to discharged my patient and re-admit them on 1/31 and 2/1. Just a change of name and registration.
The department of health requests middle-size hospital to reform its structure. Most the middle size hospital are around 250+ and owned by family/company. Anyway the reform include a certain element - the change of name, the signing a new contract with the insurance agency...
the old hospital would need to bed disbanded theorically. So all the patient would need to be discharged and re-admitted -> paper work again !!!!
So I wrote discharge summary and re-admission note and order for all of my patient ( 9 of them ), it took me few hours to complete the job....the whole hospital was busy over this paper work this 2 days....

Our hospital is one of the unique hospital in Taiwan. Only govt hospital is named according to the local town name. But our hospital was named with the local town name instead. A lot of peoples mistaken we are a govt hospital....so we still retain our old name but the new name according to the new naming system sound odds : it is like

   eg. Ipoh Medical Organization Ipoh hospital....

But who cares - as long as I get my salary on time....


No comments:

Post a Comment