Friday, February 8, 2008

CNY eve shift again...

I was working on thei CNY eve again .... well, nothing much to say, my colleague parents is coming over from Malaysia to celebrate with him. So I did the shift instead...

The shift started from noon of CNY eve to noon of D1 of CNY. The call was ok initially but later in the evening, it become crowded in the ED. There was this viral AGE going on and quite a few numbers of such patients. It was quiet after midnight. I was awaken by this MVA - 2 guys on bike vs divider. These 2 guys were soaked with petrol and heavy alcohol breath noted while talking with them. One of them was a SOB who started his cursing right on the moment he stepped into the ED. I was irritated with his attitude but did not wanted to argue with such moroon...He was drunk but still alert. He was sent into the resus area for wound management. After finishing the paper work(computer work actually) I stepped into the resus area to see how's the suture going; appearent the suture was done and the surgical aid and nurse was trying to undress that guy. His pants was soak in petrol and they were trying to change it. The nurse suddenly pointed at the patients penis and asked the surgical aid," what is those mass over his penis ?". The surgical assistant told the nurse," it is iron bead implant to please women." The patient said in his usual sarcastic tone, " what iron bead - it is jade man, expensive one..." I shook my head and walk out...



The bead.....

Unfortunately the patient had an SAH and refused for admission. I had called his family and they refused to make any decision for him...he was still laying on the ED bed when I left by noon....

It was not busy but I was bothered by this phone call from the ward and ICU, q1h patient coming in for some flu and AGE... I was quite happy when I left - although tired, I felt the weight ofbonus and new year angpow from my boss in my pocket....also there is 3 days off waiting for me...

Next year I hope I would be back in Malaysia - I missed yee shang(raw fish salad....)....


No comments:

Post a Comment