Monday, August 3, 2009

Casualty department 2

Life in the casualty department was easy….. Most of the MO were easy going persons.. There was one of my high school senior working in the department then. SK was also a Taiwan grad. He had passed the examination and unfortunately 1 year earlier – his HO-ship was 3 years instead of One. The rules had changed 1 year later. Anyway, that was not his only bad luck – he was posted to KLGH and he had opted to travel to-fro from Klang. I heard that he was delayed in one of the department thus extending his HO-ship for another few months. He was competent as he had worked a few years roving in various small hospitals.


We helped out each other then.


There were 2 MO on each shift. Another MO was placed as duty MO. He worked from 8am-5pm. He would cover for all the post mortem case during the day time. The cases were triaged we would see the red then the yellow then the green. I dislike the system in fact. There was once a pakcik(uncle) who came for dizziness. A finger sugar was done and showed high. He was given a yellow tag and he was seen 3+ hrs later after registration.


I tried to see cases as fast as possible. But sometimes the staff couldn’t coup with it.


The medical assistants(MA) played an important role in the casualty department as half of the MO could not intubate properly. SK and I were the MA favorite as we could place any tube without them. I was not that happy actually as 2 things were bothering me then – my posting and part I(MRCP) examination.


I got my posting 2 months later and I was posted to Perak. I wanted Selangor badly as I thought living in my own house could save some expenses and household errand. I appealed but denied….


No comments:

Post a Comment