Thursday, February 24, 2011

License run.....



I had just came back from a trip to Malaysia…


Not really a holiday trip – I had to re-apply for my driving license. My Malaysia driving license had expired a long time ago (back in 2004). I lost the original copy during a trip to the KL tower and I did nothing – stupid and lazy of me…Later I learnt that the only way I could get it back is to re-sit the examination. I could be exempted from the paper test by writing to the Director General of the Road transport department... Who got the luxury time to do that….It had been bothering me for the past few years.... the only place I could drive is Taiwan as I had no international driving license...


I finally found that I could get back my Malaysia Driving License by converting my current Taiwan Driving license. The Malaysia govt. allow such conversion (non-automatic of coz...) by writing to the DG of RTD. 


I need to translate my Taiwan Driving License into English. This was the trickiest part – The translation would need to be certified by the representative office of Taiwan in Malaysia and I need to go down personally to do it (there was alternative way by getting a authorized letter from the local court house/notory public…but I still need someone to ran for the errant of certification for me in Malaysia ….).


The 1st part was getting a good translation example of the Taiwan driving license. I glanced to the net for months and finally got a good translation for me to use…


http://roc-taiwan.org/public/Attachment/09281393071.doc


It really took me sometimes to get this document….


The rest of the procedure was simple – 2 trip to the Taipei representative office in KL – submission and retrieving the copy, 1 trip to the Putrajaya RTD office.


The process went smooth and there would be a 3 weeks waiting before I got my approval letter for the re-application of my driving license from the DG office.


Apart from applying for the driving license, I would apply for an international driving license….a voice told me that I would need it in the near future….


No comments:

Post a Comment