Thursday, February 24, 2011

tidal wave....the beginning...

 


Ong had finally decided to leave….his daughter had filed an application of PR for him in the States. He had told me few months ago and finally he had opted for retirement. Well, Boss had asked Lem about roster problem and told Lem that he would sought the problem out.


The incoming of the board certified emergency physician had caused some ripple effect in the department. Prior to the new year holiday, I had had an encounter c the newly appointed dept. Supt. Of admin regarding the roster of govt. clinic. I had raised the question about the readjustment of my salary scale. The Dept. Supt. Showed me a “??” look and told me, “ I thought your all had settled with it, the roster seem fine to me…”. I asked her to exam the document regarding our last discussion; it clearly stated that my salary would be reviewed once an ED physician joined us. She clearly rejected my request while holding the “black and white”, she told me I should sympathized the situation of the management…. Really pissed me off, I told her that I am the only doctor who present on everyday of the Chinese new year holiday. We decided to settle the roster doesn’t mean that I forfeited the right for salary revision. After all, there is > 10k RM different between me and the ED physician. There is no hospital I knew that had such different.... It was 10 months ago, when the first crisis noted in ED – both of the locum guys left and Boss had padded our shoulder and told us that the different of the ED license would not exceed 3k RM, max is 4k RM and now, we should sympathize and tolerate ?


Well, the doctor number had reduced to a critical level with the leaving of Ong, another further reduction of doctor would made the hospital reduction of 10 beds/doctor. There is a rumor that our orthopedic surgeon is leaving in May……Things would be very ugly by then….


Lem told me that he would arrange a meeting with boss....I am not the optimistic regarding the discussion but would see how thing go and decide my future....


No comments:

Post a Comment