Tuesday, April 5, 2011

radiation..


the nuclear reactor crisis in Japan had caused a little chaos around the world…indeed, peoples are so darn concerned about radiation – something so horrible and yet it can’t be seen…


as the level 2 hospital covering for the nuclear plant down south. We have to set up a drill annually. A scenario was set and a few experts would come down to us and oversee the process. A post mortem meeting and we learnt from it every year. However the maximum casualties we get is 2… I hate the drill – wearing the suit is an agony – most of the drills are held during the summer and the sweat was so terrible…


I had read a lot during the past 2 drills as I acted as the ED doctor instead of joining the de-radiation team….


Nothing to shout about as the level detectable was so low….it is all about odds and the choice of GOD....


Patient and families started to ask about radiation dose for CT and it was easier to talk them out of it…


Indeed the nuclear power plant is more eco than the traditional power plant however when disaster strike, nothing is safe…but what can we do? The only thing is to save more energy , to give up a more comfortable life, but I think it is worth everything, the obstacle is to convinced everyone to lead a modest life instead of a comfortable one(air con…..)


Back to my farming dream – I am seriously considering buying a agricultural land , but to do so in Taiwan, I have to give up my citizenship….a real struggle….


No comments:

Post a Comment