Thursday, March 1, 2012

long way from home...

 Our nephrologist H asked me 2 days ago if I knew where G had gone….G was one of my closest friend in College, he was 3 years senior than me....


He was once a Asean Scholarship holder who did his junior college in Singapore and later admitted to Engineering Faulty of NUS. A truly scorer, but yet he was turned down by the NUS for medical course. He had later applied for medical school here in Taiwan.


He was the Malaysia Student Associated President of the College during my fresh man year. We had started a committee fighting for the recognition of Taiwan medical degree. And after years of work, we had achieved the target however he did not benefit from it. The recognition did not backdate and G had graduated then.


He was desperate and he went back to Malaysia joined the USM program and he had passed his medical licensing examination. He had however never joined the housemanship and came back here.


He had completed his training in internal medicine and later got a subspecialty in Gastroenterology.


He had found a job in northern part of the county and held the post of head of internal medicine department prior to his resignation.


I never thought he would left Taiwan again as he had married a Taiwanese.


When H asked me, I did a checked over the medical registry and found that G had got his 2012 APC in a hospital down south.


I called up the hospital yesterday and found that it was his first day at work…I did not get the chance to talk to him as he was not in his room…I called up his clinic today and left my email with the nurse as G was seeing his patient…..


The paid would definitely more handsome than what we get here, for a moment, I am thinking of going back….


There are a few barrier for me to go back to Malaysia…


1st barrier is the working hour…where would I get a job similar to my current working hour….


The next barricade is the studies of Xian and Yun… the syllabus here is much more in depth and interesting here.. I just learnt from Yun yesterday that she was selected for a speech talking competition. She was given a 30 mins time to write her own speech and present it…. That was high school speech competition style.. write and then speech… Yun was doing well, but Xian is what I worried…. He would never caught up with the system and pressure back in Malaysia..


For me, it is still a long long way from home…..




 


No comments:

Post a Comment