Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mourn....Fatty....


The alarm of my hand phone rang at 5:00am, I woke up and did the routine before I woke up the kids…. Fatty past away last night….Fatty was Yun’s pet hamster… Fatty(a she) was passed over to us from a church member. The man of the house was severely ill (lung cancer with brain metastasis) and the family had to split up as the lady of the house had to look after the master in the hospital. The pet owner, a girl of Yun’s age had to stay in her granny house. Fatty had to be place at the  “kaki lima” besides a dog during that periods. The family had decided to “let” Fatty go later on and we thought it was a bad move and took over Fatty.


Fatty was about 2 yrs of age when we took her in. She was quite aggressive trying to attack every object that approached her initially. After months spending times with her, she became more friendly and tamer…


We had done some reading and knew that Fatty is at her last period of her life as most of the hamster live about 1 1/2 years…. At the age of 2, she is considered very old… I knew that day would come initially. It was another year since Yun started to look after her...


Fatty had become very thin when we came back from Malaysia, We had placed her again to her old master for a period of 2 weeks during the trips. Fatty was very weak and refuse to eat during that period. I had had a check on her and found that she might be emotional disturbed by the change of environment. In the mercy of LORD, she had regained her vitality 1+ weeks later and started to eat well, but she become less active and slept more than she does….a sign of aging....


Last night, when I was feeding the Titi and Dragon Cat (the 2 hares); I found that Fatty did not came out from her strawberry cave(we bought it for her during a trip up north)…. She usually come out and sniff for food and I would feed her some vegetable… I had bad feeling about it; I took a glance at the strawberry cave and she was not moving… I took her out and found that she is not breathing. I summoned Ving and the kids…. The kids were very sad and bursting in tears….Fatty was in her sleeping posture and food was noted in her paws….


It is time, I had expected it but still....


Today, I took everyone of the house to a ground in front of our church. Conducted my first funeral service and let Fatty rest in piece… I was tearing when I said the prayers….It is a loss for everyone in the family…it was a lesson for all of us regarding life, with pain and mercy from our LORD….


Fatty, may you rest in piece , we would remember you for ever…


No comments:

Post a Comment