Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Good choice 1


There are some occasions when we had to make some crucial decision. Half of the time, I regret my choice – of coz that is house back canon ( it is not firing a canon behind a house – but is a scenario during a Chinese chess game)

 the general is unable to move and it is check-mate...





Recently, I had these 2 occasions where I made a good decision with the lead of the Holy one…
Well, Xian had this fever since Sunday afternoon after the church session. He had noted with loose stool 2 days ago. I was doing my sat –sun 24 hrs shift and I had told Ving to give him some syrup paracetamol… Both Xian and Yun was pampered and they are still reluctant to take any pills. Xian is almost as tall as Ving and he is 44kg when I asked him to weight for dosing, children grown fast and reminded me of getting older.
He was feverish and unable to settle with entry dosage of paracetamol… I had added syrup ibuprofen and the his body temperature hovered around 37.9C…
When I reached home by 7pm, his fever had spiked up to 39.3C… I had then given him paracetamol and ibuprofen alternately every 3hrs but yet his temperature was fluctuating at an uncomfortable level…
In the morning, I had decided to treat him as influenza and started him with Tamiflu and miraculously his fever subsided to an acceptable level the next day (just as expected..).
He had a good 2 days leave from school…
After all these years of struggling with influenza we had gained much experience withe "flu"….the introducing of Tamiflu and rapid test had allowed us to confirmed and treat patient according to guideline with more confident in ED.
I was reluctant to performed rapid test for Xian as the positive rate was only 60% and if the test came back negative it would be difficult for me to make any decision, and luckily I was right….I had some messed up episode in the past – Yun’s pneumonia was one of the worst and I took it as a very good lesson, I started to act more aggressively and most of the time I tends to overact...
Well, nothing happier than a good ending and I thank the Lord's guidance on this matter…

No comments:

Post a Comment