Monday, March 10, 2014

Reality...

As a foreigner with a working permit, it would be darn difficult to apply for loan and credit card, even with the job in the medical field.
Most of the bank required a guarantor (local with IC). Most means there was exceptional one, and I got my first card from CT bank which didn’t require any guarantor.
The additional benefit provided by the bank had been degraded over the years and lately, CT bank had lost its contract with the chain retailer Costco and the co-branded credit card was terminated last year.
The local Costco has however teamed up with the CBK bank which is notorious for its foreigner unfriendly in the past. I was reluctant to try but later gave in as I thought the rebate was truly attracting to give it a shot.
The bank had called me up 10 days later and told me that my application was in-complete and they would send me the relevant document to complete my application. My instant reflex was OMG -> would it be the guarantor form ?
I did not hesitate to ask the lady officer what was the missing part -> should her answer be the “guarantor form”, I would tell her that don’t bother, I give up…. Out of surprise, she told me that my application was accepted but I missed one of the signatures on the application form and she would sent the form back to me and all I need to do is just signed it and mail it back. Well, a smooth process after all.
I got my card 2 weeks later…..and I would be cutting my TC bank credit card very soon(after I redeemed all my bonus point)....
The bank was not notorious in the end....
I finally experienced one of the classic phrase from the movie “Money not enough”(by Jack Neo) -> the bank only help those are rich, if you are poor, the bank won’t help you….

Well, life is truly cruel….

No comments:

Post a Comment