Sunday, June 14, 2015

BBA....

BBA  = bachelor of business administration Born before Arrival (to hospital)
Well, I was catching a nap when the nurse yelled from outside--> baby born before arrival...
My nurse asked me -> should we take it ?, I gave them a positive answer...Why did they ask? because some of my colleague would requested a immediate referral without managing the duo...
Well,  as usual, everything was not smooth, lack of cord clamp, lack of catgut, lack of big towel , lack of weighing scale, lack of...with grace, everything was fine.
I had recently read about the training of house officer back in Malaysia; 20% drop out rate during house officer stage. I think load of Malaysia senior doctor could not imaging why house officer quit when they are only in charge of less than 10 patients. We were looking after 15 beds ( plus 10 patients laying on the floor , in between beds) in the medical and surgical ward during my training days. Massive exposure and management of cases is the key to a good training and retention of skill.
Well, those golden days of training are over....

No comments:

Post a Comment