Friday, September 16, 2016

20th Anniversary of Alumni Reunion...

One of my classmates called me 2 months ago and invited me to the 20 – year anniversary reunion gathering. 10 years ago, one of our classmate had initiated the event 1/3 of the classmate was found. I had an invitation 5 years ago for the 15 year anniversary gathering but I had planned our trip back to Malaysia and had to forfeit the invitation. This year, I did not hesitate to accept the invitation as I had no plan for a long trip. I joined the line chat group and found that 70% of our classmate was on it. GSW who opened up family practice in Sri Aman had also decided to come for the reunion. I had volunteered to pick up GSW at the airport. We had a long chat during the drive. He had apparently open up a successful practice there and enjoyed the life of being a general physician. I could sense that he indeed enjoyed his life. I told him that I might visit him on my next visit back home. I had never stepped my foot on the land of Sarawak since my birth. I had planned to visit Kuching, Bako National Park and then to Sri Aman. It would be a 5d4N tour if there is no other arrangement. Renting a car in Kuching is 40 % cheaper than the west Malaysia.
I met other classmates at the reunion. After 20 years of effort, everyone had gained something. We had more than a handful of classmates with PhD added to the end of their names; a few of them had earned full professorship and currently in the power struggle of Deanship in various university.

I praised the great one for arranging my path and leading my way…..

No comments:

Post a Comment