Friday, September 16, 2016

2/3 of 2016 summer trip

The Qing Jing trip was a test run for me during this summer holiday. We had planned another trip up to the northeast coast of Taiwan at the mid of August. However I had a shift change and Ving had asked me if we could do a trip up north to Taipei. I gladly complied and we had trip up north at the end of July. The trip was an adventurous one as we had to push off in the evening after Yun and Xian classes. I had done it years ago and the drive was a strenuous one.
The days had come and it was a smooth start. We managed to hit Taipei after 5 hours of drive. We had stopped by Taichung for a quick grab of dinner. I had given up the plan of camping as I knew it would be a tiresome one as Ving and Yun had drafted a long list of place for us to visit.
I had reserved a hotel room near one of our target site. The picking of hotel is not an easy job for me nowadays, it had to fulfill a few requirement :
1.  4 beds room
2.  Car park
It is easy to get a 4 beds room but difficult to get a hotel with car park in Taipei. I was lucky as due to the policy of Mainland; mainland traveler had decreased since the new regime come into power. In the past, hotels were filled with mainlander and now, it is easier to get a room at the mid-range level. The car park was however an uncomfortable one…to get to the B2 level, I had to drive the car into an elevator. It made me very nervous about getting Fefe into a large elevator. However, I still get the job done and finally parked Fefe.
I hit dreamland after a few MPQ round. The next day, we started our tour after breakfast. The first stop was Di Hua market which was within walking distance. At noon, we had changed location to the Wu Fen market. We had taken the MRT and at 3pm. 4 of us could barely walk and we had decided to head back to hotel and continued the rest of the journey with Fefe.
Yun had decided to visit one of the top 10 book store of the world thence we had landed ourselves at the Zhong Xiao Region. Parking was a pain of the axx in that part of the city. It was like parked your car and then take a 500m walk no matter where was the location.
We had come across a Mamak store like restaurant but we gave it a skip as I had wanted to dine in hell one of the dim sum shop.
Well, the food was up to the standard but I was not satisfied as Xian has walloped most of my roasted pork (and it was the last plate available). Maybe next time….
The day ended late in the night as we had toured the only 24hrs book store in this country. Everyone was exhausted and hit dreamland when we returned to the hotel.
The next day was a long drive back home with a brief stop at Ying Ge( famous for its ceramic product).
Taipei was indeed a great city. Most of the residents are dressed stylishly; we looked like bunch of peasants touring the big city. My coat which was hanging peacefully in my closet was worn once only (during the wedding…).

I had chosen the path of a humble life but yet was unable to unlink myself from the high tech world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment