Thursday, March 16, 2017

2017CNY trip - the return

D9 was the most challenging day; I would need to drive from Batu Ferringi to Bayan Lepas airport. I would have to pass through the Bayan Lepas industrial area during rush hour. 2 routes were available – the balik pulau route and the Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah route. I had tried out the Balik Pulau curvy mountain route and considered it as more risky to drive early in the morning. I decided to do an early start and go through the Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah route. Everything was smooth until I took a wrong turn at a junction along Jalan Macalister; I had stumbled myself into a route near an Indian temple. The next day was Thaipusam and the route was filled with followers. It took me a good 20min to make a U-turn back to the main road.  
I was lucky to make it to Bayan Lepas Airport and made the key drop for the Innova in time.
The flight back to KLIA2 was smooth however I had had a hard time picking up the car. The staff had messed up with the booking and it took us a good 1hr before we hit the road. We took a quick tour around Putrajaya and we later proceeded to the local church at the Jalan Air Panas. The local church there had kept a very very low profile to avoid unnecessary attention from the locals.
We managed to get back to Klang before the rush hour and had a “luxurious” dinner at a restaurant located in Klang Parade.
I had my second Yu Shang dish. Yu Shang was one of my favorite dishes in the past, however the taste had changed. I still remembered during those old days, a master chef would be responsible for the preparation and there was always a red and green packet of spice in the dish. Nowadays, you can get a pack of Yu Shang from the supermarket and DIY in the house. 
I was a little worn off after the dinner….while Ving and my friends preparing for the final packing that night, I had thanked the great one to allow me to execute this daring journey without any major mistake.

We had left my brother in law’s house at 5am and reached KLIA2 before 6…the rest of the flight was unremarkable….

No comments:

Post a Comment