Saturday, December 10, 2022

Home going....the planning stage

The 0+7 quarantine rule was declared finally at the beginning of October. I had begun my trip planning as I promised Ving. Both of us were disturbed by our parents’ health and wished to visit them as soon as possible. Deep discussion was done as I had only a window of 5 days maximum due to my job.

We had decided to spend the longest time accompanied our parents. The plan would be arrived at KLIA and I continued my journey to JB. We would meet later and returned back here on D5.

It involved not only the flight back home but also connecting flight from JB.

A TPE- KUL was our only option but later the double A had announced their strike back – flight from KHH to KUL which would commenced on 2022/11/15. It was not only cheaper but the time was absolutely nice. Take off from KHH at 10pm and arrived on 3am. Return flight from KUL at 5pm and arrived by 9pm. Solid 5 days stays…what an attractive offer but yet it came from the NOTORIOUS double A….No margin for error; postponed or delay will deeply affect my connecting flight(my decision was right and the first flight debut was delayed…)

I opted for the TPE-KUL route even if I had to pass the 4hours drive up north.

3 flights to consider, CAir, EVA and Starlux. CAir is the first to take off and starlux the last.

There is no offer nowadays for to and fro ticket. Thence one can buy to and fro ticket from difference airway without hesitation. The flight to KUL was simple and I opted for the first flight out as I had decided to drive up instead of using HSR. Math is easy, per trip would be :

driving = N2500+ (fuel +tol)  plus tiredness of driving.

HSR = NT 6000+(ticket) plus NT2500 overnight stay.

It would be a road trip in the dark after day shift; with the level2 drive assist on the new Fefe; hopefully I would be able to complete the task in time.

We woule be splitting when we arrived in KUL. Ving would stay in Setia Alam and later in the evening, I would take Firefly down to JB. A thrill riding in a propeller flight.

The return flight to TPE was a struggle as I had to take a flight up from JB to KLIA. Only one flight available which was operated by MAS. The Airasia had cut down its flight from uncountable to 3….However MAS flight arrived at KLIA at 12 noon, Chair leave at 2:30pm, EVA at 3:30pm and Starlux after 4pm,…..I had considered until the last minutes and opted for EVA which was more expensive… the extra 1 hours is better than nothing, any delay of flight will lead me in a heart pumping chaotic condition.

I completed the purchasing smoothly even though the fear of seeing a fully booked message popping out when I did the purchase of connecting domestic flight haunted me throughout the process.

The trip was all about connecting, connecting and connecting; it was a big stress for me as no error should happen or else …..Even though I had allowed tolerable waiting time as margin for error, but yet, I knew only with grace that it could happen smoothly…


No comments:

Post a Comment