Saturday, December 31, 2022

home going - D day...

It was all set to go by October. I had finalized everything; flight and hotel were properly booked but still, no peace of mind had I.

It was a long streak of shift before the start of journey. I had a run of 4 day shifts in a row. On the D day, I was exhausted and decided to ask for an early leave of 1 hour. K gladly complied and I reached home by 8pm. I took a small nap and awaken by 9:30pm. The push off was delayed as we had to return to the house to pickup Ving’s credit card.

We officially hit the road by 11pm. It was 360+km after all; we could reach the airport easily within 5hours. I drove in a relax manner; cruising at 110km. We reached Clearwater R&R by 2:30am and took a short nap before we resumed the journey.

Ving had hit dreamland during the journey; she was too tired packing and cleaning the house for the past few days. Dragoncat was sent to the Vet for temporary lodging as no one could took care of her in her current state.

The intermittent rest had helped to counter my fatigue. The driver assist was truly a very convenient tool; you just laid your hand on the steering and stay alert. Using it in the night is much more dangerous in the daylight and half closing your eye is not an option (yeap, I did it before during daylight). It is good enough for me at the moment; even if it had FSD grade of driver assist I would still not comfortable using it in the current driving environment.

I reached T city by 4:15am and found a convenient store and took a rest till 5am. I had booked a parking at the T2 basement instead of a outskirt parking facility. The parking facilities around the airport had received a lot of negative comment lately over the internet. The transportation to and fro from the airport might take ours and I don’t like to squeeze with load of passengers during the post pandemic area. The pre-booked promotion came with a 50% reduction of parking fee. As expected the parking is not packed and I found a “good spot”. A good parking spot means no parking lot located over the left and right side of the parking lot. Seems impossible but yet there is sometimes a few of such parking lot in some of the parking area.

The Cair departure is located at the T1 and we had to take the shuttle train to reach it. However it would be simple for us on the return as EVAir operation was mostly around the T2.

We hit the counter by 6am and checked in without difficulty. I had done a web check in and only baggage drop was needed.

The security check and immigration clearance was straight forward as usual. Nothing had changed compare to two years ago. We did not use the autogate as we did not renew our status after the APRC change due to passport renewal.

We had later proceeded to the lounge complimented by the purchase of air ticket with my credit card. The food was so so but yet the seat was nice for another round of nap.

The boarding was exciting for both Ving and I. After two years of trapping on the island, we would be leaving it again.

I did everything that was prohibited during the pandemic on the flight. I use the toilet a few times, enjoyed the meal and drinks served. The rule is simple now, no check = no contraction. The in flight meal was up to the standard with my favorite bun and butter as finish. I viewed part of the Maverick again during the meal. After the meal, I had failed to sleep and had played the Zombies vs Plants game during the lower half of the flight as I was too excited for this journey to come true.

We reached KLIA on time and took the aerotrain from the satellite building to the main building. There were still travelers donning full PPE suit waiting for departure…I presumed most of them were mainlander. I felt pity for them as the Main land was still imposing strict quarantine order.

The passing via autogate was stunning; no more finger print check….face recognition mechanism and I passed the gate within 20sec. I grinned while looking at the long q over the foreigner immigration checking counter.

The baggage claiming area was heart beating and thrilling for me as Xian’s baggage incident still haunted me until today but with grace, I got our luggage in one piece.

The rest of the journey was uneventful as we passed the KASTAM, bought an airport limo coupon and reached our in law’s house smoothly.

No urge of kneeling on the ground and filled my eyes with tears was noted when I stepped on the Bolehland again. Everything was smooth until now but I had an uneasy feeling disturbing me… On the next day I finally knew what was waiting for me…


No comments:

Post a Comment