Friday, January 20, 2023

Home going - arriving home

 

After reaching my in law’ house, I had proceeded with the sim card installation. You just can’t leave home without any connection nowadays. Well, it took me awhile to finalized the setting as the scanning via OUR phones (yes…all the phones available in the house) were not successful.We hit the road at 5pm and reaching Subang airport at 6pm. It was a slow drive as we got trapped in the rush hour array. I was grateful with my bro in law that taken his time to sent my there.

Subang airport was one of the memorable places for me. It was the main hub for travelling since my college days. I had remembered the drive to the airport. I had always felt sorrow on the way to the terminal as I need to leave my love one behind during those days.

Well, the Subang airport had transformed into a domestic airport. Rumors had said that double A had tried to take over the terminal as it home base but was rejected by the government. Subang airport is located just outskirt of the capital; one could consider it as one of the most convenient airport. It is currently flown by MAS owned firefly and a few flight companies operating domestic flight.

The flight to choose from was limited and I had to settle for the flight at 8pm. The arrangement had allowed me to enjoy a dinner at the food court. I was not sure about the info over the net but yet I had laid my eye on Malay food. Nothing comparable to a good spicy Malay dish followed by a desert as finish. I found the shop Kopitiam after a short tour around the terminal. I joined the queue line to order food. Two Malay ladies had ordered nasi goreng plus a ABC kurang manis. ABC kurang manis; first time ever I had heard such ordering.

Well, without hesitation, I had ordered a mee goreng mamak and ABC kurang manis. I was served in a short while and the mee goreng was a thumb up and the ABC kurang manis was as sweat as I could tolerate. Well, imaging how my sugar level would rise if I had ordered a normal ABC.

After 3 years, I finally had a classic malay meal....I grinned while looking at the empty plate and bowl; I am finally back to homeland…..

The flight was slightly delayed to make way for a newly form airline. Not sure if the airline had pulled string to get this kinda of advantage. I boarded the flight as planned and reached Senai airport as planned. The airport was not crowded and I found my way to the taxi stand without difficulty. I was greeted by my parents at the gate. It had been three years since I saw them….

They had prepared a load of night market food for me as supper. I had shared part of my food with my bro’s newly adopted pet dog.

I did not slept early that night as I had a in depth discussion with my younger niece; from computer to novel and loads of topic. Discussion about THREE BODY with a standard six kids ? Well, both of us had exchange our view and broaden our imagination….

No comments:

Post a Comment