Saturday, January 21, 2023

home going- final leg

 

The next day was a thrilling one, as we had planned a tour up north to visit some of my aunts. It had been 3 years since my parents visited their relatives and some of them had been not well since the covid.

We had a good dim sum meal and started the journey. I had driven the Sorento in the past and it had similar setting like the fefe I had currently. Well, something was not right when I drove out from the petrol station. The steering could not be fluently steered. Definitely something wrong with the power steering, my heart sunk but yet I could live with it, I had read about power steering failure which leading to heavy steering during drive and it seems like a kacang puteh in my currently situation.

All I could do was prayed, hoping I could complete the journey of 700km….Long way to go and yet I still felt piece.

We had reached Malacca after 2 hours drive with 2 stops for refreshment. We met with aunt(mother’s side) and her family. I had a good chat with my cousins and exchanged our view about the bolehland. 2 weeks to go before GE15, the discussion was pessimistic as it would be a great challenge for DSAI's pact to have enough seats to command the parliament. We left Malacca after lunch and reached Seremban at 4+pm.

I had dropped my parents at the hotel’s lobby and proceeded to the basement for parking. The orange 4wd light was lit on when I parked the car. A green 4wd symbol will lit on when the 4wd mode was engaged but the orange light means trouble.

Double jeopardy !, I yelled to myself. Now I had two problems to worry about. Could I complete the left over 500+km or should I turn back. Turning back means I had to leave Ving at her house and met her at the KLIA on the day of return flight. Proceeding means I had to tolerate the thrill of facing major problem of the car the whole journey.

I was too tired to think more and dipped into the bed for a short nap after a good hot bath.

I woke up 1 hour later and gone to the famous baked crab shop at the Seremban Seafood Village for dinner.  

The orange 4wd light was on again as I driven out the car from the basement. I called up my Hyundai mechanic at K city during the dinner with my parents. My mechanic told me that it should be fine if the drive is smooth. The light is most probably due to differential lock malfunction which means the car lost its AWD mode and driving in 2WD only. It was a relief when I change to the output distributing page while driving. Indeed, the page had shown that power is only limited to the front wheel only.  

The crab was tasty but not my cuppa of tea; the sauce was not sweetened like the one we had at the Seremban Siew Pao restaurant. I slept early that night despite of the anxiety regarding the drive. I had to surrender everything to the great one as the rest of the 500+km lies at his mercy…

We woke up early the next day and had our dinner at a shop nearby. I had dried pork noodle and pao which were deliciously made. We visited my elder aunty and later proceeded to KL for another night stay.

Despite the disturbing orange light and steering, the drive was smooth. We spent a day in KL and I had wandered around the Pearl Point that afternoon. It had been a long time ago, when three of us (my cousin, my bro and I) roved around that area. We were high school student then. My cousin who was same age as us was not very good at study and took up a job as electrician after high school. He never got married and stayed with my aunt. He had always been an optimistic person. He had suffered from an bike accident few years ago and had recovered fully after months of using crutches. We had a good chat that night, a simple life he had led and may grace be with him always…

We proceeded to Setia alam to pick up Ving the next day. It would be the final day for us and we would be travelling back to Taiwan the next day. After the unsatisfying crab meal, we headed again to the Seremban Siew Pao city restaurant for another trial of crab dish. It was as cheap as it was and delicious.

The journey back to Kulai was uneventful and we had made stop at the R&R and bought some Malay biscuit.

I had only told my parents during our dinner back in Kulai about the car condition. They were shattered but nothing to shout about as I had completed the amazing journey with grace. The visits to our relatives was priceless, I was the messenger as assigned….

We had a good night sleep and boarded the flight back to KL operated by MAS. It was a smooth flight and we had stopped again at the old town café at KLIA for the final meal before boarding again.

It was another perilous journey which was completed by passing so many obstacles. Everything had to be in order and no mistake was allowed. The planning stage and the execution stage was not flawless; with hiccup, I was able to retreat in one piece and I had to admit that the walk with the Great one was truly amazing…..

No comments:

Post a Comment