Friday, January 27, 2023

GE15 ..... no looking back

 

My anxiety increased after I sent out my ballot. I had glancing through the net trying to find any trace that would suggest and turnover. I was disappointed though as without support from the eastern bloc, no miracle could happen.

I clearly understood that if the religious gang remained at the seat in the parliament; the condition would be worsened.

I was working on the day of vote casting. I had switched to astro awani channel on the net and Malaysia Chinese News channel for a precast speculation.

The info I received was stunning as most of the commenter had claimed that Malay folks had switched their support to the moon/become-one pact as the bribery issues torched the arena.

I was disturbed the whole day and the vote count was not even half way when I drove home.

I slept late even though I knew that DSAI would not make the cut but yet I still cross my finger hoping for a miracle.

I woke up after few hours of sleep; hung parliament as expected.

The next few days are games of poker with bluffing and calling out for support.

Twisted view of how to form a parliament were presented over the media but politicians and experts. I still remembered the book written by Lord Jeffrey Archer, “First among equals”. It briefly described how the parliament would be formed after an election.

The status declaration was actually not the key for party’s leaders as proof of having enough support. However those backdoor walkers had tried to hypnotized the public about the SD myth since the triumph by Sheraton’s move.

The formation of government is something between the YDPA and various party leaders. Party/coalition with the most member of parliament electees will be consulted first and given a reasonable period to form the government. If the leader could not form the government by the period thence the leader with 2nd most electees will be consulted and so on.

However those leaders from the religious/become-one pact had under estimated the wisdom of our ruler persistently trying to spread the news that they had enough SD as proof of support.

After 1+ weeks of struggle, a unity government was formed. The Brits had really done a good job of leaving back a good system. Every key component had acted accordingly and the name of back door had vanished and hopefully not heard again for a very long time….

It took another week for the cabinet to be formed and yet some supporter had expressed disappointment about the list as it was not distributed according to the ratio of MP.

I would praise the leaders of DSAI pact that they had done it beautifully generating the list. Attack from the racist bloc was fenced off with the rocket faction making way as a strategic retreat.

As I watched DSAI sworn in from the TV live; a thrill had flown through my nerve. I was excited and finally we got a chance to move forward. A small step at the moment but hopefully the path to my retirement in the homeland could be paved bit by bit in the future.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment