Monday, January 23, 2023

GE15 - the begining

 

The bolehland was having a rough ride after GE14. I was quite upset the result of the Sheraton move. I hate to see good fella leaving some crucial spot. However nothing could be done as everything was lost.

Those ministers from the religious based pact had expressed their point of views which were unacceptable from the point of view of human right and gender equality. I was hoping thing would change during GE15. However DSAI’s faction had slowly dissolved bit by bit as time passed. The result of by-election and early election of southern states had made me more worried. The chances of DSAI to gain control had faded and I was not optimistic about the final outcome of GE15.

Traitors and jokers were those figures that I wished to see their fall.

I had opted for oversea voting as I had not fixed my date for my home going plan when the rumor of parliament dissolution spread over the media.

We had four votes in the family as the age for voting was lowered. I did the application for four of us and hoping that we would get the ballot paper in time for GE15. The approval came shortly and all I could do was wait for the date.

When the date was declared and detail of oversea voting came out; my anxiety increased day by day. Over the chat group, some fellow Malaysian had gotten their ballot paper and there were no a single trace of our mail.

Finally the fedex envelops came and only 4 days left for me to return it to the office. No way to get it in time even if we sent it via courier.

However there were dedicated Malaysians in Taiwan who had coordinated a great project to get those oversea ballots to the proper offices in time. Collecting point was set up and all we need to do is to hand over our sealed envelope at the relevant spot. A network was established; volunteers would relay our ballot from the local pick up spot to the airport in Taiwan. Those home going Malaysians would spare their luggage capacity for those ballot. On arrival in Malaysia, more volunteers would dispatch the papers to the local office.

I was post call on the day of handing in my papers. I drove home after my shift, take a good shower and left our house with Ving. I called up the volunteer when I arrived in K City. The pickup point was in front of a tall business building. It was difficult to find a car park and I had walked 1km to the pick-up point. I called the fellow Malaysian and he had shown up minutes later. The handing over process was done in detail with proper signature. After the completion of the handover, I show my fist and told the fellow Malaysian, “lets drag them down” and he returned a grin….

I handed over 5 papers and please don’t ask me how those envelops were sealed….

I told Ving that we had done our part and the fate of our homeland would be decide by all other our fellow Malaysian...

I enjoyed a good hong kong styled lunch and headed back home for a good nap before my night shift that day….

No comments:

Post a Comment