Thursday, June 5, 2008

almost had it - part 4


What did I had ?
 
The symptom was so severe that I almost got admitted to the ICU...  The tachypnea was worsen partially due to my obesity ... time to lose weight....

Looking back to the course of disease, I think something had triggered the attack and it was not only a pure exerbation. I might had an viral infection that triggered it. The recovering was dramatic and I am back to my normal self now.

For the past few years, I had on and off attack during the winter and at one time, the symptom was so bad that I had shortness of breath on climbing stairs. But the symptom was better after the winter. This episode of attack was out of my expectation. I did not see it coming and was hit very badly. But I still believe that it was karma - time to pay and I am lucky that the price was not that high...

A narrow escape for me - I valued every smooth breath I take now.... the sensation of enjoying every breath is so good....

I had tappered off most of the drug and currently on long term inhaled steroid use only... I had this developed peptic ulcer due to oral steroid use and I stopped them yesterday.

I did a 6km ride today and tolerated it well; I use inhaler prior to the ride just to prevent any exercise induced asthma attack. The fatigue of body ( ? due to hypoxia) was still noted, just like a hang over after a heavy drinking night...

My challange come next week - the 3km run with Yun in Taipei ... Yes, it was planned 1 months ago and at one moment, I think I couldn't make it but now, back to preparation ....


No comments:

Post a Comment