Thursday, June 12, 2008

patients.....

I had bad attack after the bike ride last Friday .... After the clinic session, I went home and felt very tired... The afternoon nap did some help but I had this shortness of breath again in the night... Ving drove me back to the hospital and I took the O2 tank home. The O2 tank re-energized me... but the rest of the weekend was not stable... I did not stopped my prednisolone and continue it to D10... By Wednesday I was better and I stopped my prednisolone use. I did a ride again - but with cautious. I did 3km over 20 min... The fatigue sensation was there but better. No more attack requiring any neb use. I did my 4km ride today and hopefully no more attack....

I had to give up the 3km run in Taipei... a sorry for Yun but she could understand it....

Well, a great experience for me ... .I am glad I am trained as a physician. Eventhough there were helpless moment during the attack but I knew what was the extend and what would come next - imaging a public who knew nothing about asthma.... the stress was not only on the patient , but on the families as well.

Lesson learned : " Be a patient and learn to care more for your patient.....  "


No comments:

Post a Comment