Saturday, January 31, 2009

1/2 New year holiday....

I finally survived the new year’s shift….well, unlike other business, who could enjoy the full length CNY holidays of 9, we could enjoy only half – 4/4.


We splitted the 8 days into 2 partitions : (D1 is 1st day of Chinese new year.)


1st shift D-3,D-2,Eve, D1


2nd shift D2, D3, D4, D5


 


For the past 4 years, I had been working 1st shift and Ving had the kids had some opinions about my shifts. So this year, I opted for the 2nd shift and enjoy a gathering dinner.


Well, I work Day shift (10hrs) on D2 and a 24 hrs shift for D3. Well, the ED saw over 290 patients on these 2 days. I survived the shift and still having hanged over for it. Well, next year maybe I would find a excuse and skipping the shifts.


This year, lots of AGE.. but no burn case. In the past, we get 2-3 trauma cause by fire cracker daily but none this year; I think it is due to the poor economy – no parent want to burn any money…..


I got a small bonus but still double of what I get last year – still a good gain, I would keep it for now (maybe I would use some of it to upgrade my Z with the EDS chip…)


Need to get some sleep and prepare for my ACLS instructor pretest… I had failed twice and hopefully I can pass this time….


No comments:

Post a Comment