Thursday, January 22, 2009

WII and Google....

 


We had this WII for more than a years…really enjoyed it – anyone who asked me about buying a TV game. I would strictly recommend WII to them if they are buying for their kids….


But I hate Japanese games – before the WII was launch, there were rumors claiming that there would be no region restriction – I was happy to hear that. I learnt some Japanese during my college day but I need to refer to my dictionary for gameplay….


I bought the WII c D2Ckey mod chip. The pirated copy game was 10+ times cheaper than the original one. Later the Nintendo tried their best to barricade people like me(mod + pirated ) by upgrading the firmware.


I knew about the homebrew channel stuff a long time ago, but as my mod chip was able to handle most of the game I did not bother to install it until lately when I bought this 2 games from Yun and Xian. Yun’s favorite was Cakemania and Xian favorite was Raving Rabbit. Well….I had this black screen when we tried to load the cakemania. The WII refused to read the raving rabbit TV party title( can’t even load it into the channel).
















Yun favorite - from the era of PC....the balance board is supported....


I decided to install the homebrew channel….I surfed the net and lots of how-to-install blog and gathered enough information to do it. I waited 2 more days as I need to purchase the Famous Zelda : Twilight princess to proceed with the Twilight Hack.















The process went smooth. But I was unable to load the 2 games with the Gecko program. I surfed the net again and found that the Homebrew channel beta9 I downloaded came with the regionfree 1.5 instead of the Gecko 1.07. ( the regionfree 1.5 is the older version and Gecko 1.07b is the latest. ) I reloaded my SD card with this Gecko 1.07 and presto ----- I solved my question but only partially : Xian was happy but Yun was not. The black screen was still there on loading the Cakemania game…..


I went back to the net looking for answer. I did not come up with any direct solution but someone had claimed that deleting the WII fit (jap version) save game could do the trick if any black screen occurred when running US WII game with Gecko. I tried the suggestion and everyone is happy now….


Well, Great Mighty GOOGLE GOD.....,thank you…( sorry guys at the Church of Google – just can’t join you all for prayer…)



No comments:

Post a Comment