Thursday, March 12, 2009

haunted

I had spent most of time mumbling for the past 2+ weeks... The ACLS instructor course has haunted me - course by name, by I thnik the term "EVALUATION" is more appropriate. The 'course' lasts 2 days. After an short introduction, we would be rotated through multiple station. The participants are required to 'teach' in 4 of the skill/megacode station. Each of us is given 20 topics/scenarios and we are required to present 4 topics/scenario during the 2 days course. When others are presenting , the rest of us would act as student. "Bag Valve Mask - demo station" 8 minutes ......TIA case - 8 mins.... I had been under severe stress preparing such case....I been to a ALS workship organized by Mr Abu Hassan((Sr Consultant of KLGH trauma service, he is a surgeon by training) many years ago; lectures were given to us so that we learn how to teach adult... but what I am going through now is different - I think it is some sort of phase 2 selection rather than a course. The real course would be 2 months later from now : a ACLS provider demo course would be held at the end of May... Tomorrow is D1 ... I hope I would survive .... 2 yrs ago 33 participants were slashed, last year it was better - 13...


No comments:

Post a Comment