Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wait until the rock hits

The working moral was low lately .... wage slashing, tax scheme adjustment by the consulting firm had bothered us. Those senior attending staff suffered the most. The ED was spared until now. But Lem told me according to some reliable source in the management  if Surgeon X had not react so vigorously, 3 of us(ED doctors) would have been interviewed. The firm had considered that our pay per hour was too high - they wanted a reduction. Frankly said, if they wanted to cut down my overlapping time with Lem, I would gladly comply- I work less, I got less....but reduce the pay per hour is a little way to far ...


"Reduced my ASS.." I grumbled. In this Sourthern part of Taiwan - we are still below paid - compared to the other 4 hospitals around us ( same pt vs doctor ratio). However both of us are not that optimistic about our current situation - the management had pulled their brake and slower their steps doesn't mean that they have changed their mind. Sooner or later the day will come.


Sometimes this kind of consulting firm acted with figure but sometimes they don't - they just tell you their decision.... I don't think I am in any ground to argue with them if they decided to cut our pay. Lem had another worry as he had a good tax scheme at the moment and the management had eyed on his scheme for a long time.


For the moment - I shall work as usual... until the rock hit. Maybe is time for me to consider a change of field.


No comments:

Post a Comment