Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dead threat.....



It was another weekend call…no ones like to do weekend call, it was not only the feeling that everyone is on vacation and I am the only one who is so dumb to be working, but the feeling of tiresome. The so call weekend calls are unlike the normal shift. The whole hospital is left to less than 1/3 of the usual man power. The working cannie had to run here and there to manage patient that he hardly knew and to explained the condition to so family that sometimes were so malignant you that you hope you had never chosen this profession....  But a  Sunday call with a dead threat ?  really one hell of a call of the life time...



I had 2 weekend call this month… both covered Sunday morning. Ong had gone for his 3 weeks break. I had to do back to back call(Sun-Mon) with a 10 hrs break. Last one to be exact and I am not going to do it in the future. I had a confirmed from my ex-colleague that the board certified ED physician is coming over from her side. A controversial person who is going to take over as head of department. I just don’t bother who I am working under. But the shift is what I concerned. I am going back to my “no weekend” policy as the management had promised me. It had become worst from occasionally one to permanent and later increase to 2….I want a restructure of my working plan and pay as well if new rules is going to be implemented in the future. I just don’t want to be the joker getting 40% less than other working under the same environment. But still one more Sunday shift to go...



Well, anyway, I saw this lady during the busiest hour in the evening. She is a case of newly diagnosed congestive heart failure who had been non-compliance to her medication. I had to admit her as she had noted with orthopnea. After the explanation and consent of patient for being admitted, I turned my back and walk toward my desk.  “what you think you are doing, how could you be so rough on seeing the patient”. I stopped and tried to find the person. I saw a young male in his 20s staring at me. I walked toward him and asked him what had I done. Apparently he was the son to the lady, I had told me that I had explained clearly to the patient and asked him if he wanted a further explanation. However he seems to be under some drug influence and kept focusing on my roughness, he even throw the word,”this is my only mother and you should have treated her properly, do you believe, I can make you a dead man right now…”,


 


he just add another finger to my dead threat count....



 I looked into his eyes and said to myself, “ KNN, do you believe I can dislocate you shoulder and blind you eyes within a glimpse, MFK SOB…”, be patient and control your temper is what I was thought, but unless he make the first move, I would give him a pass...



I was a little pissed off and so do those patient and families who was crowding the ED. I continue with my job seeing the endless patient. Later when the patient was on her way to the ward, the patient and her husband had apologized to me about their son attitude. I told them that no to worry as I am not really angry with them…. Later in the night when I managed another patient in the ward, the nurses had to me that the malicious son had even asked money from the patient…I shook my head when I heard the news, no wander he wanted me to treat his mother “well” so that he could dig cash out from her – Axx fxxking jerk who can even feed himself  




No comments:

Post a Comment