Wednesday, September 29, 2010

President electee....


I had always been playing XO(not da cognac of coz, executive officer to be exact) during my whole life… most of the time, I was deputy: chairman or president or whatever. But not tonight….

I got a call from the President of Yun’s School Parent Teacher Association --  He told me that I am the president electee and congratulated me….So be it, I told myself….

 


da school....

Since last year, the principal and president of the PTA had invited me to take over the burden this year as the president was too busy with his own business. I was thinking of a sub-specialty training then and did not give them any positive answer. However as my shift was less and I think I could spare sometimes to do something for the school, I told the president and principal lately that if there is no one is interested, I would accept the post. (there is a election of coz, but since no one is interested then anyone who is not opposed to take over the post would definitely be elected)

Unlike other schools, the post of PTA president is a route to politics, unfortunately it was not true for our school.

Well, a foreigner as president of PTA, really queer for a local school …I recalled last year when I presented at the model student award ceremony. I was one of the guest of honor and the students(yes many of them) were shocked and frozen for a few seconds when seeing me offering my hand for a shake after I gave away the prizes. Guess, this is just not the local style…

One year of service and RM5000- I think I can make it….

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment