Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mercy...


 


It was supposed to be a good call – the cold front hit us few days ago. Most of the locals would stay at home, no one is gonna get drunk and ride their bike recklessly ending up in ED. But I was wrong – the 1st OHCA( out of hospital cardiac arrest) came by 3am. Resident in a local nursing home, one of our Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease patient who had just discharged from our ward few days ago. He was found unresponsive by the nursing aide and sent over to us for help. I saw the blanket – so thin , core body temperature was 33C…negligence leading to freezing to dXXth… Well, the family came 20+ mins later and asked me to stop…


The next OHCA came by 5+am, another no sign of life for don’t know how long…. I did the routine and certified the patient…


Life was so fragile and sometimes we live at the mercy of the LORD. Few days ago, Yun and Xian had slipped a ruler into the piano…. We called up the piano tuner(who is also the dealer who sold the piano to us) and shockingly found that he had passed away. I later checked the tuning record and found that he had missed his regular tuning few months ago and we were not aware of it.


His son came for the tuning and I asked him what had happened to his dad – he grinned and told me that he met an accident, I saw the peacefulness in his eyes……


Our life is at the mercy of the LORD…. No one could defy the faith – I had learnt something – to value life and value whatever I had at the moment. I knew I had to be humble and love giving. I had to try my best to be an example and leave a good memory to my children…


No comments:

Post a Comment