Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reshuffling ?



It was a great leap for us…We finally got someone to join us… he was my ex-colleague. He is a trained plastic surgeon turned ED physician. He was a man of night shift and locum.


Virtually he could do as many shifts as we can provide. However as our present scheme of 10-14(day shift 10 hrs, night shfit 14 hrs), he was unable to do consecutive daily night shift – he lives up north and the buses had been his main transport in the past. He had wanted a shift to 12 -12 but both Lem and Ong had against the idea and I support the 12-12 only if everything is fair and square.


So at the moment he had to settle with it. Boss had asked us to adjust the shift and we are gladly to do so. Ong and Lem will be taking their vacation next 2 months and there are lots of empty shift to fill in.


Boss had offered him with 35% more of what I got. I did not feel upset as my term is to re-discuss my pay scheme if anyone comes in and shift change….


I am still waiting and currently I would comply and tried to sort out what ever empty shifts there are present.


With 6 months left, I am not sure if I would want to fight for a big increment…


Shift was tough in the January as I would be doing 270 hrs ….


The discussion of shift did not go well initially as most of us did not want a change – however our colleague would be settled with our view at the moment.


I had prayed hard as I am really at the junction and the temptation of money is so great.... to stay and grab big cash or to train...


I praying very hard....


No comments:

Post a Comment