Sunday, August 12, 2012

D3 taman negara...

The D3 was a challenge for everyone of us… after the wet and tiresome D2, everyone was truly exhausted and 1/3 of the adult fell sick. The water splashing and the breeze in the evening during the “shooting” was a killing factor.


I took 1 cap of Acemet early in the morning and was cold sweating during breakfast. For a second, I wanted to back out from the hiking trip, but still, I felt it was my responsibility to watch over my family and I continue with the trip in stead.


The trip was a different challenge compare to what we had in D2. The trail was smaller and there were a load of leeches waiting for us along the hike. Well, the cream I made was effective but still, after sweat and wear, the effect went off and I need to reapply the cream from time to time. We did not make it to Abai waterfall as the trail became very hazardous when we arrived at the downstream of Abai waterfall.


We headed back and take a nice dip at one of the river crossing. It was a truly amazing experience as I had once more stepped on the soil of the mountain area of my homeland. My last tour was 20+ years ago when I took a hike to Gunung Ledang. Everything was so familiar as if I had never leave Malaysia to work in a foreign country. I had made a decision then while enjoying the beautiful scene sitting on a rock in the middle of the river.


Well, the afternoon rapid shooting was less exciting and we had taken a comfortable ride drifting along the river.


I was finally there – It reminded me of my visit to Disney Land Hong Kong … one by one of my dream came true and I wander would it be the end of my life in the near future…. Indeed what my parents told me was true – study hard and you could go where ever you dream of…..


I joined the night safari walk with Ving while all other of the team had forfeited the tour. Nothing much was seen despite of some frog and insect. But the highlight of the hike was the glowing moss in the jungle. A sad one as we were unable to take any photo as our tour guide AZAK told us – you just can’t snap it, all you can do is to remember it….


Yun and Xian had a good time with the other kids and they become braver….Xian was always leading the team and unlike the usual “master” lau he portrait in the family – slow and peace life seeking . He showed me what he could do and Yun had acted maturely in the group.


A great experience which could be bought by money …. But still, I wanted to give them more….It was the last day in the national park but sadly we would not be proceeding to Betong as planned and we are going back to Klang to have good check over the car...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment