Sunday, August 19, 2012

post taman negara....

The taman negara tour was an amazing amazing one for all of us…. Every one gain something but unfortunately, we had to give up the tour up north. We postponed the tour to Betong and east west highway. We headed back to Klang to have a thorough check of my dad’s car.


The drive was a strenuous one as I dare not sprint. The radiator was fixed but not properly installed. The rubber pad the axed the radiator to the car was no where seen and the vibration of at low engine rev make a great noise when the car stopped. It took me a good 6 hrs to complete the 240+km drive. We had ended up at my in law’s house later that evening.


I took my car to one of my dad’s old colleague. He opened up a tire shop in Taman Goodwood. Their family’s shop was at the Jalan Tengku Kelana beside the old Hockkien Association of Klang. My dad’s had worked in the Singer shop next door during my primary school day until he was transferred to Ipoh (a very agony process for everyone of us in the family as the transfer was preceded with debt and my dad’s lost a handsome income after the transfer). The Jalan Tengku Kelana had however later turned into little India where all the Chinese merchant was “expelled” from the street as the Indian businessman had offered irresistible rental to shop owner just to secure a shop there. There was a shop I missed most – a Wantan mee shop (their specialty was abalone mee RM 30+ per bowl, out of our budget and I never try anyone of it, but still, their Wantan mee was one of my favorite.).


A rubber piece was inserted and the radiator was temporary fixed to where it supposed to be.


I had surprised the Sri Shamugum Mamak store around the Berkeley roundabout was still around as they were forced to shift earlier this year. The land was bought by the 99 group (chain grocery store) and a HQ building of ?20 floor height was planned to be erected. Later I found out that the land was too soft and unable to build building of that height.


The teh tarik was good as ever and the rest of the roti canai and nasi lemak tasted as usual; except for the price which went up like rocket…


I had decided at that moment that I would be back and worked in Malaysia…..


No comments:

Post a Comment