Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chinese Movie....


Yun and Xian had been tracking the movie Karaking lately over the net. Director cum actor, Namewee had been one of our favorite recent 2 years. I remembered he had made the headlines during his college days in Taiwan. He was summoned to the Bukit Aman and later some MP from the Chinese association had bailed him out.
I thought he would be quiet since then but yet, he had aggressively involved in film shooting stepping on the red tape and causing some issue.
Indeed, the way Malaysian Chinese speak is very different from what I encountered in my daily routine here. There are so many terms which are localized to the Malaysia Chinese community.
Apart from Namewee’s movie, the Ah Beng series is Yun and Xian favorite. They would ask me to hunt around for the relevant DVDs…
The latest film we viewed was the “Ah Boys to Men” by Jack Neo. I thought it was just another comedy by Jack Neo, but yet, I was wrong. It was a propaganda film instead…
We had a good laugh and saw the part I 4 times within 3 days.  We had seen the part II last night and it really gave us a good time...
As an ex-warrant officer of SJAM, it reminded me of our foot drill session in the brigade; Our Area Sergeant Major then, Encik Eng KC was not a military man but yet, the way he conducted the foot drill training is just like what we had in the Army camp….nowadays, the training in the army is more “senang” than those we had in the past….
Well, it was a good film to expose Yun and Xian to what I been through in the past….

No comments:

Post a Comment