Sunday, August 25, 2013

lie to save ?


I had a dog bite case last week. There was this auntie who was bitten by a house breed dog nearby her house. Although, house breed, the dog was not tie up and allow to wander around the area. The treatment was uneventful but I think it is unsafe to let the lady go without the vaccination. I filled up the form and I had put down a special note in the form regarding the dog condition.
According to the guideline, one bitten by house breed dog without symptom, does not require any vaccination. As for roving animal, injection is needed. The CDC later returned our call and told me that the lady does not required any injection. I told the lady officer that dog should be considered as roving animal as it is not tie up nor kept in door and it would be difficult to be sure it would be fine for the next 10 days as such animal might go AWOL from time to time. But lady officer told me that if I ticked house breed on the form, they would not give a green light for the request. I sighed and asked her if she could tear the form and I email her a new one and stating the dog as roving animal ,and she said yes..…
Darn… office bureaucrat that drawn up unreasonable guideline causing me to lie for the sake of my patient…..

No comments:

Post a Comment