Saturday, August 31, 2013

2 in 1 out...


It is almost the end of the month of the ghost… well, it had been a cool month, the bed occupancy rate is about 70% only and admin had asked us to admit as many as we could from time to time…
The great thing for me was less patient in the night, Chinese are so superstitious about the month of the ghost, the chance of encountering “dirty” stuff is  way higher than the other month.
I had this patient who gave me the creep few weeks earlier.
It was a quiet night when the ambulance ferried over a patient covered with mud to us. The patient was a middle-aged male who was confused. He was moaning in the bed. The EMTs told me that he had rammed his bike into a big “pothole”. The electricity company had dug a big pothole few km away from our hospital. The EMT told me that someone had seen the victim rammed his bike into the “pothole”. I did the routine and tried to dig up some story from the patient. He was obviously drunk but yet was still able to answer some of my question. He had kept telling me that someone had abducted him and dumped him elsewhere. He had later moaned and cried while repeating his story.
Later the police had arrived and asked about the patient condition. The patient sustained multiple wound over his face and no intracranial hemorrhage was noted. I had chatted with the police about the accident later.
The police told me that the patient bikes had overtaken a young girl bike and headed straight toward the pothole ignoring the barricade set around the pothole. The pothole was few meters high and the pothole was filled with water and mud. The police had said that the patient had swum and climbed to the surface after the crash. The rescue department had however summoned a excavator to the site trying to locate if there is any other victim. I felt strange and asked the police why ? the answer of the police gave me a creep as he told me that the young lady who witness the crash was not sure that if there is 2 or 1 rider on the bike. She thought she saw 2 riders ….. however there was only 1 person who climbed out from the pothole….
Well… I felt chills over my back as the lady story was correlated to the patient account that he was abducted and dumped….
Well… it is ghost story of the year I presume…

No comments:

Post a Comment