Thursday, May 15, 2014

da ride....


2 more days before the ride…
I had an exploring tour with Ving yesterday as Ving and Yun will be acting as our support team on this ride.
Although the brochure claimed that it is a 100km ride, however the tour is estimated at 70km like last time.
About 1/3 of the ride is under the shed (there is this bicycle lane under the overriding high way), however the 3rd resting area was about 300m above sea level  with a slope of 10 degree stretching over 1.5km.
The path leading back was quite narrow with multiple up sloping and down sloping... 
My conclusion was it would be a tough ride after the 3rd stop( after lunch).
No way to talk Xian out from this ride at this point as 2 of his classmates are taking part and there is no room for him to chicken out. I had to stick with him .....

Ving and Yun will be cruising behind our trail during the last part of the ride as the ride is considered as a perilous one in my opinion.
I got my edge 800 to guide us if we are lost and with the new edge 510 pairing up, we would be trackable along the path....

No comments:

Post a Comment